Sunday, May 4, 2008

Blackberries and Boots






Just about every Sunday afternoon we go visit MeMa and Deda (Grandma and Grandpa Fawcett). The boys love spending time there with cousins and just being outside to run and play. Today, they found some of MeMa's gumboots and went out to pick blackberries. Yum!! I think they ate more than they picked (who wouldn't?). I just thought it was so cute that they'd done this all on their own. The boots, the bowl, and the pickin'.

Bowman's Boots - I think were actually MeMa's boots. Earlier I saw him wearing the smaller boots, but when Drew wanted to pick blackberries too, I heard Drew ask for boots. A few minutes later, they were out picking berries together and Bo was wearing these BIG boots. Drew had on the smaller boots, previously worn by Bo. I wonder if Bowman gave him the smaller boots and decided the bigger boots were ok so that Drew could have a pair too....That's just the kind of big brother Bowman is.

1 comment:

Sam and Robin Packard's Place said...

I love this --looks and sounds so much like our experiences with blackberries and boots, they're almost gone already...the blackberries, the kids are sad about it, as I'm sure yours are:) I'm so glad you gave me the link to your blog...it is fun to stay in touch in the blog world, and great to see your family, so cute and fun!:)