Thursday, May 15, 2008

Loading....

It's been a busy week. Bowman's been in Chicago all week, so it's just me and the kids. And although I'm worn out, I love going to bed knowing I'm exhausted because I'm a mother. I haven't taken very many pictures this week though. So although I don't have any new pics to post there is a story that keeps coming to mind. Drew, my three year old, asked to play with playdough the other day. He sat at the kitchen table playing with playdough and the "playdough toys" (a collection of happy meal toys, plastic dinosaurs, cars...) He was in his own little world playing happily for quite some time while I was loading the dishwasher. After about 30 seconds of complete silence, I focused my attention on him. He had been talking, making sound effects, tossing playdough and toys across the table and then he just stopped and sat still. The silence was such a big change that I asked him if he was ok. He looked up at me with an "I should already know the answer to that question" look and replied, "They're just loading." Hmmm...maybe I should start limiting his computer time.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Hi Nanette! I found your blog while looking thru some others...hope that's ok! That is so neat that Claire is sitting up! Kenadie just turned 1 last Monday, but still will not walk...she is too lazy! Your family is so beautiful! Bring the kids back over any day...we have been playing in the water stuff that we have. Tye and Kenadie love it, but I am not as much fun as a few other kids would be!