Our family has found a new favorite spot here in Beaumont. The city has recently opened a hike and bike trail out by the soccer fields on Dishman. It's just minutes from our house and is such a nice paved trail. We took our kids out there for the first time on Saturday. Bowman and Drew were on their bikes, Daddy on rollerblades with Claire in the baby jogger (her first ride in the baby jogger--she's almost 6 months old), and me running along side (Drew doesn't bike very fast). It was a beautiful day--a little overcast and a cool, dry breeze. We just loved it! By the end of the adventure Daddy and Bowman had made the two mile loop twice. Drew and I made it once (but enjoyed lots of blackberries along the way--The 3/4 mile trail leading in to the loop is lined with blackberries right now). Did I mention that I put in a long run that morning? So I didn't mind taking it easy with Drew and Claire. I just wish we had taken the camera along too!
The whole family enjoyed it so much that we went back for our Family Home Evening activity on Monday night. We love the new hike and bike trail! What a great addition to Beaumont!
No comments:
Post a Comment